A few days ago, I was holding both of my little brothers as we looked at and talked about a photo frame that hangs in our front entry. It contains care package and referral pictures of both boys, surrounding an abbreviation of Jeremiah 29:11-
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD..."plans to give you a hope and a future."
Ethan pointed to this verse and asked me what it said, so I gave him a five-year-old rendering, then read it the way it's printed.
"That for me?" Ethan asked. Then he continued talking about the pictures.
That stuck with me, though. Yes, Ethan, that promise is for you. For you and for Levi. And for every single precious child who is waiting for a forever family. For every daughter or son of God. For every adoptive family who is struggling and waiting through the process, longing to be united with their children and siblings forever. I know not everything God does makes sense to us. Especially in adoption. The never-ending piles of paperwork, the inadequacy of government officials at home or abroad, the timeline that keeps stretching longer and longer. The struggles and trials of real life after they finally come home, the bonding issues, the memories. But God gives grace, and it is His plans that will ultimately conquer- plans to give us a hope and a future. Praise the Lord!
V. for the Grant Family
Victoria. . .God has not only used this adoption process to bless those boys and refine you, but also to reach through what He is teaching you all to touch and encourage and bless us who are around you. Thank you for allowing God to work in your life, to receive His wisdom, and to share this process with us. Oh how I needed to remember this verse today! Bless you guys!
ReplyDeleteBeautifully stated~Love your heart and the heart of your family.
ReplyDelete