Saturday, March 30, 2013

Conversations with five-year-olds...


Happy almost-Easter, everyone! Praying we're all overwhelmed by Jesus' love for us as we celebrate the most amazing victory in history!

Just thought I'd share the following conversation that just took place between my almost-five year old brother and I...

L: "Hi, Victoria. I'm organizing these."
(He's lying on the floor sorting colored zip ties.)

Me: "Good job!"

L: "I'm a cool guy."
(This is the way he currently refers to persons such as Captain America. Who wouldn't want to be known by such a statement-making title?)

Me: "Wow. Am I a cool girl?"

L: "You can if you want to. Do you want to?"

Me: "Yes, I want to."

L: "But you have to follow me where I go."

(Here I sense an opportunity to instill some good, manly, Biblical principles in my little brother...)

Me: "Well, are you going to be a good leader?"

L: "What?"

Me: "Are you going to be a good leader? Because if you're a good leader, I'll follow you!"

(This is working out great so far...I just know he'll be an awesome daddy and husband some day!)

L: "I'm going to take you to your room. You need to clean your room."

(In my own defense, school has taken precedence for the last couple days, so a quick organization is, ahem, probably a fine idea.)

At least the little guy's honest.

Off to follow the fine advice of my little leader!

No comments:

Post a Comment