May 28, 2011....it has been
one year since we left Ethiopia with Ethan and Levi and stepped off the plane in California (tired and weary!) to be a new family of eight. What a year it has been! Full of joy and laughter and fun, as well as incredible hard work, tears and sadness. Praise be to God who equips us to handle and fulfill what He calls us to do! I am thanking the Lord for our amazing daughters who have navigated the last year with large degrees of patience, selflessness and grace to their mom and dad. I am thanking the Lord for our amazingly resilient sons, who lost all that they knew as "normal" in Ethiopia but have grown to love us and call us Mom and Dad and love our family and want to be a part of crazy (but fun!) Grant life. I am thanking God for my amazing husband, who was willing to step out in uncharted waters to follow God's call to Ethiopia, and who daily keeps our family on track and brings fun and laughter to our lives. I am thanking God for my adoptive friends who have helped, counseled and sustained me throughout this last year. I am thanking God for my life. What a year it has been. An amazing journey that continues on.....
 |
| March 2012 - Legal name changing day |
 |
| April 2011 - Ethiopia |
No comments:
Post a Comment