We have borrowed an idea from a fellow blogger (kudos to the Mullis Family!) and initiated "Family Fun Nights - the 2012 Adventure" twice a month here at the old Grant Family Farm. We came up with two themes/ideas for each month of the year and activities that would go along with the theme. So far we have "Backwards Night" (come dressed with all your clothes on backwards, and we had dinner "backwards", starting with dessert) and then "Come as a Bible Character" night. The kids have really taken the idea and ran with it, with the olders helping the youngers, making it much easier for ol' mom and dad (and thus much more likely to continue!). And did I mention the kiddos are much more creative than I am? I have laughed and been blessed with their ingenious ideas and ways to pull off a funny idea. Way to go, kids! We are all looking forward to our remaining family fun nights. Maybe this is something you want to try for yourself!
 |
| Backwards Night - this is a nice look for us! |
|
 |
| Bible Character Night: Laramie as "Lydia" |
 |
| Bible Character Night: The "Pharaoh's daughter" with "Moses" |
I love it!! Backwards clothes day!! =) You'll have to tell me what other ideas you've come up with...that is too much fun!!!
ReplyDelete