Saturday, April 16, 2011

God has indeed blessed America

I woke up early this morning, heated some water in the teapot and placed homemade bread in the toaster. As I flavored my mocha with a bit of vanilla syrup and enjoyed my toast, I thought to myself that I do not want to take all the luxuries of our life here in the U.S. for granted, but I want to remember how completely blessed we are in relation to how others live around the world.
The view from my window this morning...thank you, Heavenly Father.
What an amazing amount of EVERYTHING we have at our fingertips here in the U.S., and I want to keep that at the forefront of my mind. And this is not just in relation to those living in poverty in Ethiopia, but even with the people living in England...they do not have nearly the variety of goods we have to choose from, and not at the price we pay for it here. They are taxed so heavily and the prices of most everything are expensive. About $9 a gallon for gas, $8 for a small container of grapes. Eating meals at a restaurant there was about double of what we pay here in the U.S., and the quantity and quality seemed to be less than we are used to here. And compare what we have to Ethiopia... we have a sturdy roof over our heads, beds to sleep in, clean water to drink, soap to wash our hands with, towels to dry our hands on, health care within a quick drive...all things most of the people in Ethiopia cannot imagine.

It seems to me that those of us living here in America with such abundance and prosperity should not take it for granted and enjoy it selfishly, but find ways of sharing our blessings with those around us. How might the Lord want you to share what you have today?

1 comment:

  1. Hello Grant Family!! I love your blog and it was pure joy to spend time in Ethiopia together! You are just a wonderful family!!!

    ReplyDelete