I would like to recommend a great book to read called, You're Late Again, Lord! The Impatient Woman's Guide to God's Timing, by Karon Phillips Goodman.
My mother bought me this book years ago in a completely different season of my life, but as I am re-reading it now with this adoption wait taking place, it takes on new and fresh meaning. I think it will bless you and re-focus your heart back to God's faithfulness if you take time to read it. Here are a few highlights to tide you over in the meantime...
(this is a good time to go snag the "While I'm Waiting" song by John Waller from You Tube and play it in the background! I sometimes just let that song play over and over during the day. So..imagine that great song playing lightly in the background right here....ready?....)
*We can renew our spirit and strength while we wait. Isaiah 40:31 - Those who WAIT on the Lord SHALL renew their strength.
*Moving closer to God every day is something you can do in the wait time. "You don't have to wait patiently when you learn to wait purposefully."
*The waiting time can be productive and dynamic. This "waiting room" is here so I can rediscover what I've lost and learn what I need to do. It is there so I can renew my strength and my spirit and move closer to God.
*"You can't wait purposefully and control the rest of the world at the same time." (I love that!)
*Waiting is not about what is happening on the outside, it is about what is happening on the inside.
*God has a plan, a blessed syllabus for your life, and it's always charted from the inside out.
*Each wait should get us closer to God and grow us so we see God better.
*One of the reasons we are so hopelessly annoyed by the time we spend waiting is because the events are often completely out of our control. We are forced to sideline our plans until someone else completes his. Then we try to seek more control and we can't so we grow more frustrated. The key is surrendering into God's arms and letting Him comfort me from the inside out.
*GOD'S sufficiency strengthens our spirit.
*Develop the faith to turn to God FIRST, not last.
*God wants you to come closer, but you can't do that if you're fighting Him and arguing with Him; if you can't give up the control you think you need.
Lord, I pray for all of us waiting to meet our new children and waiting to bring them home. I pray you will renew our strength and refresh our spirits. Help us to trust you completely, and to rest in the fact that your plan and your timeline are perfect. Help us to enjoy each day and grow closer to you each and every minute of this wait. Thank you, Lord!
Hey, there! Great to find your blog! I had someone email me of how my post with your highlights from this book really spoke to them! SEE!?!?!? Your words reached beyond me! Thanks again! Hope you are having a blessed week! :)
ReplyDelete